Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 4 - Yoga X

Well last night's salmon turned out to be quite delicious! I found a recipe at allrecipes.com for "Salmon Fillets with Creamy Dill" and I thought it was delicious. My wife said to cut back on the mustard next time. To me, the nutrition part of P90X is more difficult than the workouts! It was a bit difficult the first couple of days to eat 2400 calories in a day, but my hard-working muscles are now beginning to develop an appetite. The tricky part is still dividing those calories between 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat.

 
I made the mistake of assuming that today's Yoga X workout was an hour long. Nope! Try an hour and a half! I wasn't able to finish it in time to get going for the day, so I completed it after work. I had heard from others that it was no walk in the park, and they were right! This was my first experience with Yoga and holding some of those poses and balancing took some getting used to. I really felt relaxed and the kids had a chance to follow along tonight as well. I'm looking forward to this workout again.

Today's Nutrition:
  • Breakfast
    • Protein Drink w/milk
    • Turkey Sausage Muffin - So Yummy!! 
  • Snack
    • Protein Bar
    • Recovery Drink
  • Lunch
    • Caesar Salad
    • 4 boiled egg whites
    • 2 C Celery
    • 1 C Cottage Cheese 1%
  • Snack
    • Protein Bar
    • 1/4 C Almonds
  • Dinner
    • 8 oz. Chicken Breast
    • 10 String Beans
    • 1 Yogert (light)
    • 2 T fat free ranch dressing
2404 Calories, 242 g. Protein, 169 g. Carbs, 97 g. Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment