Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 3 - Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X

Even though I'm still quite sore from days one and two, I managed to complete the third day with much enthusiasm. The weights and/or resistance bands came into play often today. It was a bit difficult trying to pick up the specific exercise they were doing while keeping form and finding the right weight to work with. That's exactly why I wright down what type of weight I use and how many reps I did for each set.

 
I love the fact that each exercise is repeated. Example: You'll do the first three exercises while recording your results after each, then repeat each of those again to give you an opportunity to adjust your weights to accomodate your particular needs. I'm going more for bulk, so I'm concentrating on 8-10 reps with the final two designed to be extremely difficult.

 
I didn't show too much improvement during Ab Ripper X this morning, but enjoyed the workout just the same. I'm really starting to feel the abs when I sit, stand and especially when I cough or sneeze! The girls at work facetiously make fun of me as I grunt while I walk around the studio and try to sit in a chair or get up.

 
Today's Nutrition:
  •  Breakfast
    • Protein Drink w/ milk
    • 3 slices Turkey bacon
    • Chicken Scramble
  • Snack
    • Recovery Drink
    • Protein Bar
  • Lunch
    • Chicken Salad
    • Protein Drink w/ milk
    • 3 oz. String Cheese
    • Almonds
  • Snack
    • 30 Pistachios 
    • 3 oz. String Cheese
  • Dinner
    • 8 oz. Salmon
    • 1 C. Asparagus
    • 1 C. Wild Rice
2897 Calories, 284 g. Protein, 185 g. Carbs, 108 g. Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment