Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 8 - Recovery Week & 60 day photos

This was a really tough week to get through with what I'm doing at work. On friday, we were slammed with school being out for Good Friday, and our printer decided to break down. The Fuji tech wasn't going to be able to fix it until Saturday morning, so I had to take all of our print jobs over to our Tallgrass studio and was there until 11:58 pm printing. I was in no condition to do the scheduled Core Synergistics workout at 1 am when I had to be up the next morning at 5:30.

Well, the tech didn't arrive until about 11:00 on Saturday, I think, and we were of course slammed again with customers coming in for their final opportunity to get Easter pictures... next to Christmas, one of our busiest days of the year. Unfortunately for me, I didn't have enough of a certain chemistry mix on hand in my studio and neither did our sister studio across town, so I had to drive about 100 miles to Emporia to meet someone half-way from a Kansas City studio (thanks, Sharice!!) with the stuff I needed. Side note: on the way, my car hit 100,000 miles and I took a picture while going 75 mph on the Turnpike!


Anyway, I made it back to work that afternoon and we got the printer up and running, some orders started printing, but with the volume from the remainder of the unprinted Friday night orders and the stack of Saturday's jobs yet to be done, there was no way of catching up, so I worked another 16 hour day on Saturday. People wanted their photos for Easter so bad they waited until midnight in my studio until I could get them printed. Sheesh!!

Needless to say, I missed two days of workouts (Core on Friday and Yoga on Saturday), so i did Core on Easter Sunday instead of resting and also took my 60 day photos. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with this phase. I guess I'm disappointed in myself for not following the nutrition guide to a "T" like I did for the first few weeks, but it got to be too expensive and way too time consuming. My results from day 30 to  now aren't nearly as noticeable as the results from day 1 to 30, but I'm still seeing some improvement, especially in my abs.























My youngest brother, Kenny said he's going to start the program as well as my sister and maybe her husband too. Apparently a cousin of mine has also started P90X and was impressed with my results thus far. I hope they all stick with it like I am and BRING IT because I have! I'll tell you, after 60 days of P90X, I feel so much better. I don't wake up in the morning stiff as a board. I have energy throughout the day, more stamina where stamina is appreciated *wink, increased overall strength and balance, better self-confidence and self-conscience, and I'm making better choices about what foods and drinks I consume. I'm really glad I started P90X and I know that all sounded a little commercial, but it's true!

Phase 3, here I come!!

1 comment:

  1. My Pastor and his wife stared it about a week ago, and after day one, Heather (the wife) could not even walk up the stairs! LOL! But...they had tried to do about a year ago, and new what she was facing.

    You look good Mr. Blake! Doing Good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete